Tags in CEO:
- Are used for both placement and relationships;
- Can be used to generate ad-hoc sections;
- Do not trigger automatic rebuilds of CEO Front End;
Direct changes to tags and authors will not trigger a connector action, thus not triggering a rebuild of CEO Front End connected sites. Tags and authors are only pushed to the connector when something they're attached to (like an article) is updated.
Features of a tag:
- Name - Tag's label or friendly name
- Slug - Used when generating URLs and standardized requests. Slugs must be unique
- Status - Inactive tags are hidden when searching for and adding tags to content.
Deactivating tags is a safer option over deleting them. Deleting tags can cause errors on your site if a particular block or content area expects them to exist.